Garage - Conclusion (3/3)

Getting the light to work with the car, bike and the garage itself was a challenge. After give it some thought, I use what I already had create: the SketchUp models.
Blender is awesome and all but it's far easier to recreate a daylight environment with SketchUp.



One of the cool things about being a 2D artist is that today it's easier to find image references, for instance I wanted a BMW rim type and while a Google image search can provide some good results, one can also use 3D models available on specialized sites like  www.turbosquid.com where you can choose to buy, download the free ones or just watch the preview image if that's enough of a reference to project in hand.




In the end of the research phase here's how my folders look like:

Conclusion:
Gouache is a new media for me but I can wait util I have the time to work with it again, it is the closest I've got to digital painting because you can go back fix things, pick up color paint over or just clean up revive dried colors and so on.
I'm so used to have a reference photo to illustrate, like with my ballpoint pen commissions, that creating a painting, as a commission,  was refreshing and challenging and it opened a new horizon for me, the craft of putting together elements to achieve a final painting it's super!
Here's some details from the painting:







Comentários

Mensagens populares